Representing Small, Rural, & Specialized Transportation Providers Statewide
Montebello Bus Lines Comprehensive Operational Analysis RFP
This RFP seeks to secure the most qualified consultant to perform an analysis of existing operational services and programs to identify future options, services, and programs that will maximize post-COVID-19 ridership within the MBL service area. In addition, the consultant will develop a plan that will solicit broad and innovative community input, address resident goals and objectives, and as feasible, maximize ridership within existing financial constraints, and evaluate future options that include electrification and consolidation. The selected consultant will possess the relevant experience required to provide the analysis and development of successful and innovative transit service options.
The Scope of Work will include the deliverables to be prioritized and submitted to MBL as follows:
• Line by Line Analysis.
• Robust Community Outreach Plan throughout the study focused on customer experience.
• A comprehensive ridership forecast, current and future, with recommendations on how to increase ridership.
• Safety and location assessment of the current bus stops/shelters with recommendations for potential new locations.
• Financial analysis on the operational cost.
• Potential transit facility relocation project and coordination with a feasibility study.
• Comparison analysis on the service network feeding into other transit operators in the region with a seamless service recommendation.
• Assessment, analysis, and recommendation of the app based tool, incorporating other micro-transit services to include demand based transit service providers such as Lyft and Uber.
• Study “right-sizing” the fare across Los Angeles County, including the subsided fare box recovery.
• Provide a comprehensive recommendation on the overall branding and enhancement of client management protocol for Montebello Bus Lines.
More Information (.pdf)