Representing Small, Rural, & Specialized Transportation Providers Statewide
2019 Spring University of Pacific Transit & Paratransit Management Certificate Program
University of the
Pacific Westgate Center Transit and Paratransit Management Certificate
2019 Spring schedule
The Westgate Center is the largest provider of Transit Leadership and Management development programs on the West Coast. Almost every major transit agency in California has used this course to develop their current and future transit leaders. Participants are exposed to the best practices in leadership and management and given the tools to help lead their organization to success. We invite you to enroll candidates to participate in the upcoming programs held at the following locations:
A UOP Website for Location and Other Information
City of Clovis
|02.01.19||Designing Innovative Organizations||Cynthia Wagner Weick|
|02.15.19||Safety Management System||Walter R.L. Diangson|
|03.01.19||Marketing Through Customer Service||Sacha Joseph-Mathews|
|03.15.19||Strategic Thinking||Mark Schaff|
|03.29.19||Legal Issues in Employee Relations||Tom Brierton|
|04.12.19||Overview of Transit Legislation, Regulation, and Policy||Donna DeMartino|
|04.26.19||Enhancing Leadership Effectiveness||Peter Johnson|
|05.10.19||Budgeting and Financial Management||Gloria Salazar|
|02.08.19||Marketing Through Customer Service||Sacha Joseph-Mathews|
|02.22.19||Overview of Transit Legislation, Regulation, and Policy||Donna DeMartino|
|03.08.19||Talent Management||Angela Sun|
|03.22.19||Designing Innovative Organizations||Cynthia Wagner Weick|
|04.05.19||Budgeting and Financial Management||Gloria Salazar|
|04.19.19||Strategic Thinking||Mark Schaff|
|05.03.19||Legal Issues in Employee Relations||Tom Brierton|
|05.17.19||Enhancing Leadership Effectiveness||Peter Johnson|
|03.01.19||Strategic Thinking||Mark Schaff|
|03.15.19||Effective Communication Skills||Lois Lang|
|03.29.19||Marketing Through Customer Service||Sacha Joseph-Mathews|
|04.12.19||Enhancing Leadership Effectiveness||Peter Johnson|
|04.26.19||Safety Management System||Walter R.L. Diangson|
|05.10.19||Designing Innovative Organizations||Cynthia Wagner Weick|
|05.24.19||Overview of Transit Legislation, Regulation, and Policy||Donna DeMartino|
|06.07.19||Budgeting and Financial Management||Gloria Salazar|
Scholarships & Registration
The fee is $345 per class. A discounted rate of $2,495 is available to individuals signing up for all eight classes. This fee includes instructional materials. Lunch is not included.
CalTrans has two scholarships available. Eligible applicants include private, non-profit, not-for-profit, and government agencies, their employees and certain affiliates (private sector applicants) who offer passenger transportation services. Full-series scholarship will cover $1,250 of the tuition. Applicable for full series participants only.
- Transit Series CalTrans Financial Aid ONLINE Form
- CalTrans FTA Procurement Scholarship
- RTAP (RTAP Scholarship Program). The program provides reimbursement for registration and travel expenses for courses attended by public and non-profit organizations serving rural areas. www.calact.org/doc.aspx?44
- RCTC (Riverside County Transportation Commission) may provide funding to non-profit transportation providers located in western Riverside County.
- SANBAG (San Bernardino Associated Governments) has financial aid available for public transit and social service transportation agencies from the Valley portion of San Bernardino County.
- ACCESS SERVICES may have scholarships available. Eligible applicants include all public and not-for-profit agencies and their employees or affiliates (private sector applicants) who deliver passenger transportation services with the County of Los Angeles. The Joe King Memorial Scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Only available during Fall sessions.
- If applying for the CalTrans Scholarship, fill out the online financial aid application to receive the scholarship code: Transit Series CalTrans Financial Aid ONLINE Form
- Once you receive your scholarship code, please complete the series registration form https://commerce.cashnet.com/01WSGT
- You will receive a confirmation of your enrollment within 5-7 days
Full refunds will be available for cancellations seven days prior to the start of the program. No other refunds will be granted. Registration may be transferred to another participant by notifying the Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development in writing.
Any missed session can made up at no additional charge.
Contact the Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development - 888.439.2867