Representing Small, Rural, & Specialized Transportation Providers Statewide
2021 Fall University of Pacific - Transit & Paratransit Management Certificate Program
Over the past year, we have developed a new online version of our top-rated Transit Management and Paratransit Certificate Series. Our goal was not to take what we did in person and duplicate it to the online world, but rather to use our experience and knowledge in transit leadership and harness online technology to create a more engaged and effective learning experience. Each one-day class is broken into four hours of online learning done at the participant’s convenience prior to the three hours of class engagement with the instructor to discuss, debate and internalize the learning process.
- Overview of Transit Legislation, Regulation, and Policy
- Effective Communication Skills
- Designing Innovative Organizations
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Safety Management System
- Legal Issues in Employee Relations
- Marketing Through Customer Service
- Enhancing Leadership Effectiveness
COHORT 1 (FRIDAYS) 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- August 6 (Orientation)
- August 13
- August 27
- September 10
- September 24
- October 8
- October 22
- November 5
- November 19
COHORT 2 (THURSDAYS) 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- September 9 (Orientation)
- September 16
- September 30
- October 7
- October 21
- November 4
- November 18
- December 2
- December 16
Scholarships and Registration
- Program Fee : (Includes all instructional materials)
- Series: Save by enrolling in the entire series for $2,695
- Individual Session: The cost per individual class is $425
- Financial Aid/Scholarship: Available online
has two scholarships available. Eligible applicants include private, non-profit, not-for-profit, and government agencies, their employees and certain affiliates (private sector applicants) who offer passenger transportation services. Full-series scholarship will cover $1,250 of the tuition.
Applicable for full series participants only.
- Transit Series CalTrans Financial Aid ONLINE Form
- CalTrans FTA Procurement Scholarship
- RTAP (RTAP Scholarship Program). The program provides reimbursement for registration and travel expenses for courses attended by public and non-profit organizations serving rural areas. For Information
- RCTC (Riverside County Transportation Commission) may provide funding to non-profit transportation providers located in western Riverside County.
- SANBAG (San Bernardino Associated Governments) has financial aid available for public transit and social service transportation agencies from the Valley portion of San Bernardino County.
- ACCESS SERVICES may have scholarships available. Eligible applicants include all public and not-for-profit agencies and their employees or affiliates (private sector applicants) who deliver passenger transportation services with the County of Los Angeles. The Joe King Memorial Scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Only available during Fall sessions.
- If applying for the CalTrans Scholarship, fill out the online financial aid application to receive the scholarship code: Transit Series CalTrans Financial Aid ONLINE Form
- Once you receive your scholarship code, please complete the series registration form https://commerce.cashnet.com/01WSGT
- You will receive an email prior to the start of the program for which you have registered with all technical requirements and a link to log into the program platform.
REGISTRATION ONLINE: Go.Pacific.edu/Transit
CALL : 209.946.2956 or 888.439.2867
Full refunds will be available for cancellations seven days prior to the start of the program. No other refunds will be granted. Registration may be transferred to another participant by notifying the Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development in writing.
Any missed session can be made up at no additional charge.
Email: Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development 888.439.2867 / 209.946.2956