Representing Small, Rural, & Specialized Transportation Providers Statewide
California Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP) Resource Catalog
In California, CALACT, the California Association for Coordinated Transportation, is under contract to Caltrans to implement the Rural Transit Assistance Program, RTAP. Our goal is to make the professional lives of rural transportation providers easier by being the in-state outlet for technical and training materials produced by the National RTAP, and supplementing their program with California-specific technical assistance, management workshops, peer networking and scholarship assistance.
This catalog lists Training Modules, Videos, Technical Assistance Resources and Technical Assistance Briefs available through CALACT, and includes an order form for requesting any of these materials. Order forms can be mailed or faxed to CALACT. The materials listed in the catalog are available on a loan basis, except for the Technical Assistance Briefs, which can be kept. If you would like to purchase a copy of a training module or resource, you can contact us at 916-920-8018, or by mail to 4632 Duckhorn Drive, Sacramento, CA 95834 or visit our website and fill out an order form.
In addition to these library resources, California RTAP can offer you:
- Management workshops, addressing general management issues, personnel policies, leadership, motivation and team building.
- Special workshops addressing driver training, vehicle maintenance, emerging federal requirements, safety and other topics.
- Driver Safety Roadeos, where drivers from across California can test their driving skills and compete against other transit organizations.
- Access to other California and national transportation professionals for management, training and technical assistance, on subjects such as accessibility, coordination, vehicle specifications and procurement, service contracting, substance abuse regulations, marketing, passenger assistance techniques, alternative fuels and mobility training.
- Scholarship assistance to reimburse the costs of attendance at conferences, workshops, training courses, seminars and symposiums, and
- RTAP bulletins to keep you up-to-date on RTAP activities
If you know of training resources or materials that are not included in this catalog and would like to suggest they be made available for others, please bring them to our attention.
For more information about the California Rural Transit Assistance Program, write, call or fax your request to:
California Rural Transit Assistance Program
4632 Duckhorn Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
Phone: (916) 920-8018
Fax: (916) 920-8021
Other good sources of training and resource materials that you can access are:
National Rural Transit Assistance Program
National RTAP Training Catalog
Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA)
Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP)
National Transit Institute